Vacature Sr. Data Engineer - Veldhoven
YER - Veldhoven
- YER Bedrijfsprofiel
- Universitair of hoger
- Vast contract
- 40 uur p/w
- Universitair of hoger
- Vast contract
- 40 uur p/w
- Vacature staat nog open
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. In addition ASML produces metrology tools and advanced applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process. At Business Line Applications, we develop Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus, critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures).
You will be a member of the Analytics and Visualization group in Development & Engineering of the Business Line Applications (Wafer Fab Applications department) where you will interact with architects, software developers, data analysts and dashboard developers. Here you will also be part of a multidisciplinary product development team, interacting with other departments (e.g. functional teams and customer support). Travelling a few times per year to ASML local sites and to customers worldwide is part of the job.
ASML is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Analytics & Visualisation team. We are interested in engineers with strong knowledge and experience in building Data Intensive Applications (DIA’s) in an industrial/enterprise environment. You are expected to handle data from various data sources and determine how best to structure the data in order to provide data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts that are looking to run queries and algorithms against the information for predictive & prescriptive analytics through machine learning. You will design and implement robust scalables data pipelines on the ecosystems existing in ASML and at our customers. You are expected to write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, and provide solutions for ensuring long-term quality and integrity of the data.
The vacancy aims at supporting the development of novel data analytics, visualisations and control solutions by cutting edge techniques from Machine Learning and Data Mining. Successful methodologies aim to be included in ASML customer applications. Will you be our next talented data engineer to join the team responsible for creating applications that aids our customers to keep the machines in their Semiconductor Fabs optimally running during chip production? This could be your next ultimate job, so if you would like to join us - please apply!
Our multinational teams are composed of five to seven developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. We are committed to follow the Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. In all teams we cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. We use Continuous Integration with GIT, Jira and Bamboo. We move fast to help our customers reach their goals, and we strive to create reliable and well-tested DIA’s, as a failure in our software stack can severely impact customers' operations.
-Design and implement Data Intensive Applications, realizing the product backlog defined by the Product Owner
-Ensure quality of own deliverables, this includes designing and implementing automated tests (on unit- and integration levels)
-Cooperate with other teams to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture, agree on interfaces and timing of cross-team deliveries
-Troubleshoot, analyze and solve integration issues, both from internal alpha and beta tests, as well as reported by our customers
-Write or update product documentation in accordance with company processes
-Suggest improvements to our technical solutions and way of working, and implement them in alignment with your team and their stakeholders
M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Experience in having built DIA’s in an industrial/enterprise environment
- Experienced in software development (strong coding and testing skills)
- IT related knowledge is considered a pre
- Familiar languages include Python, Java, etc.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational (document, columnar, graph) database architectures -Experience with frameworks from the big data ecosystem’s (Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc)
- Experience with orchestration & containerisation is a plus (Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos DC/OS)
- Strong ability to communicate and negotiate designs of data pipelines with Data Architects and Data Scientists
- Highly valued qualifications & experiences:
- Experience working on practical applications using real-world datasets
- Hands-on with different data formats (CSV, XML, ARVO, TXT, JSON, etc.)
- Familiarity with statistical languages like R and/or Matlab
- Handle, analyse and visualise complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- Enthusiastic and intrinsically motivated, creative thinker
- Good & proactive communication in an international and multidisciplinary environment
- Taking responsibility, self-propelling
- Goal-oriented and flexible mindset, willing to acquire lithography and other semiconductor manufacturing knowledge
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
ASML Netherlands B.V.
De Staffing Groep
Add Value IT Recruitment
- € 2.000 p/m
- € 4.800 p/m
Vacatures Data Engineer