Vacature Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer / Data scientist - Amsterdam
ABN AMRO Bank N.V. - Amsterdam
At a time of rapid technological change and changing customer demands, ABN AMRO is fully focused on innovation that continuously adds value for our customers. One of the driving forces and enablers behind these changes is AI. With the help of AI systems that can autonomously perform complex tasks, it becomes possible to create increasingly intelligent and personalised solutions for our customers. As ABN AMRO is expanding its use of AI, we're looking for experienced AI Developers to help build the next generation of AI use cases and products within the bank. To strengthen our team we are looking for creative and passionate AI developers with a “go get it” mentality. Our AI developers are multi-skilled and have strong machine learning, system design and coding skills that they put to use within the context of AI.
In the AI team our primary objective is to develop and deliver value adding AI solutions. We create AI enabled solutions across ABN AMRO. Our work ranges from answer suggestions for employees working in our live-chat desk (using dual-BERT models) to improved transaction reporting, document classification, information extraction and fraud detection. Our way of working is a combination of projects – where we deliver a use-case in 2-3 months – as well as creating and improving our own AI products, where we create and run central AI products long term. We are also part of Group Innovation, which means that another part of our work is focused on disruptive business model innovation. We work with our innovation ‘ventures’ to launch new business propositions along the themes of ‘sustainable innovation’, ‘digital assets’, and ‘platforms’. Within these ventures we take a broad role beyond AI, also supporting with e.g. advanced analytics.
As a AI Developer, your main goal is to develop AI systems and solutions for our initiatives and for our business lines. We take care of the full development cycle from exploring and identifying opportunities, experimenting and creating prototypes, to developing scalable products. Your activities include:
- Participate in the ideation and design of AI solutions with intrapreneurs and business experts
- Research and experiment with new AIt technologies, algorithms and methods
- Development of prototypes
- Developing and deploying models to production
- Training junior team members
- Working with universities, partners and start-ups
- You have a proven track-record in creating AI solutions that deliver business value.
- You have proven experience with our tools: Python, Numpy, Keras, Tensorflow, Databricks, MS Azure
- You are pragmatic and value-focused. Your historic work shows your ability to implement AI solutions quickly, even in difficult circumstances. You make effective trade-offs between simple methods and the 'latest and greatest' based on value creation
- You are up-to-date on the latest developments in AI and can guide others in finding optimal solutions
- You communicate effectively with both technical and business counterparts
- You are a team player that requires minimal guidance to be productive
- You have coached or mentored junior colleagues
- Start-up / entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Experience working agile is preferred
We have a start-up vibe. Your team consists of people with a passion for AI and we work every day to create (measurable) impact for the bank. You’ll work intensively together with our ventures, and during development you’ll sometimes function as part of the team. We bring in knowledge from other departments within the bank such as product experts, legal, marketing intelligence and information security when necessary. There is an open team atmosphere where initiative is encouraged.
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A salary gross ranging from EUR 4.383,- EUR 7.274,-per month based on a 36-hour workweek
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
Depending on your education and work experience, you will be employed by us as a medior or senior AI Developer.
* A technical assessment will be part of the recruitment process *
If you like to know more about this exciting positing you can contact Dennis de Reus at [email protected] We very much look forward to meeting you.
ICT bij ABN AMRO is werken in het spanningsveld van innovatie, veiligheid, kosten en klanttevredenheid. 24 uur per dag, zeven dagen per week en in samenwerking met onze leveranciers. Wist je trouwens dat ABN AMRO de afgelopen jaren enkele hoogstandjes heeft geleverd op het gebied van technische ontvlechting en integratie van banksystemen? Dat de Consumenten Geldgids ABN AMRO's internet bankieren het cijfer 9,4 gaf? En onze innovatieve mobiel bankieren app al sinds de start vijf sterren krijgt in de appstore? Dát is IT bij ABN AMRO.
House of Bèta
- € 4.000 - € 4.500 p/m
ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
- € 3.322 - € 4.798 p/m
- € 40,00 p/u