Vacature Cloud/Database Development Engineer - Eindhoven
YER - Eindhoven
- YER Bedrijfsprofiel
- Medior niveau
- Vast contract
- 40 uur p/w
- Medior niveau
- Vast contract
- 40 uur p/w
- Vacature staat nog open
You are a part of the Philips HealthSuite R&D organization, part of Innovation & Strategy, which delivers an open, cloud-based healthcare platform fostering an open and collaborative innovation focused on developing breakthrough health, wellness and life science solutions that will transform the way care is delivered. By connecting devices, unlocking data and fostering collaboration we will empower new forms of engagement, actionable insights and better health outcomes. The R&D team in the Netherlands consists is approximately 70 employees and works according state-of-the-art DevOps practices.
In this role, you have the opportunity to lead and coach a development team dedicated to continuously enhancing our Clinical Data Repository (CDR) service, a foundational component of the Philips HealthSuite Platform, supporting a fast-growing base of internal and external customers in building new cloud-based healthcare solutions. You are a proven, hands-on expert in developing cloud-native micro-services using Java and Spring Boot framework, designing & implementing scalable services using the PostgreSQL technology stack, who is also in frequent interaction with developer communities.
Due to the foundational nature of the Clinical Data Repository(CDR) service, you will contribute to future healthcare cloud solutions built on the Philips HealthSuite platform (PaaS).
You are responsible for
- Define architecture strategy for the CDR service, balancing long- and short-term views
- Analyse feature requests, create designs, co-implement and tests these with the development team
- Define the database design for optimal performance, scalability and reliability
- Define the test automation strategy and continually enhance the test suites
- Define and lead the implementation of the deployment and monitoring strategies (DevOps)
- Participate in all agile software development ceremonies, aiming for frequent, secure, high-quality new deliveries, released according to QMS and regulatory standards
- Provide consulting and support for customer propositions & solutions
- Participate and promote the service in internal & external FHIR communities
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
- Between 10-15 years of experience with commercial software development
- You are a proven expert in designing and implementing scalable cloud-native micro-services preferably using Java and Spring framework.
- You have deep know-how and hands-on experience of logical & physical database design, querying using SQL, query optimization, database tuning using indexing, partitioning, etc.
- You are strong in designing RESTful API incorporating non-functional requirements like security, scalability, reliability, etc.
- Ample experience with cloud technologies, such as CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Have proven experience in technical and motivational leadership of development teams
- Relevant hands-on experience with DevOps, deployment models, Infrastructure as Code;
- Working experience in an Agile software development environment
- Good understanding of healthcare standards like HL7v2, IHE, FHIR is preferred.
- Experience with Python, Nodejs for deployment, test automation, deployment orchestration etc. is an additional advantage
To be determined later.
You will have the opportunity to join Philips directly after a certain amount of time.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.