Job Starter/junior Network Designer - Rotterdam

Rotterdam

Human Source Group
  • Human Source Group Company profile
  • University or higher
  • Junior/Medior level
  • Permanent contract
  • 32 - 40 hours p/w
Job saved in your favorites!
Job removed from your favorites!
Function description Are you a graduate of WO and do you want to work as a starter/junior Network Designer for a large organization such as an ISP? As a starter/junior Network Designer you will be trained under the guidance of very experienced people and there is a nice growth path to become a Network Architect. Working for a large organization such as an ISP is something unique and challenging, this is what you have to be made for. You work with large volumes. The dynamics are high, if something goes wrong, the call centre is red-hot and the local media are immediately in the picture.

The organisation is currently building a state-of-the-art network for the future. You will be fully occupied (under supervision) with network applications and less with specials. Think of it as building highways instead of small side streets. It is therefore a very large project. This makes the starting point interesting, because they are now at the beginning to build the new network and develop the management around it. Then you can participate from the start.

You will learn how to read and create the HLD (High level designs) as a network designer. Under supervision, you will explain why you want to change what you want to change, and sketch a good picture (literally and figuratively) of what the landscape should look like and what needs to change. Approximately 90 percent of the time you will be supervised in designing and the other 10 percent of the time you will mainly be making root cause analyses and preventing malfunctions.
In addition, you will gain knowledge of network automation, streaming telementery, databases and open source tooling.

Our client is a small enterprise with a large ISP network with 200.000 connections and 1000 modems. The team currently consists of 18 people.

Tasks:
  • Creation of designs;
  • Create and explain high-level designs;
  • Root cause analysis;
  • Change management;
  • Managing suppliers;
  • Stay up to date with the latest developments and trends.

read more

Requirements
  • Graduated academic education
  • At least half a year of networking experience (work/internship)
  • Knowledge of Cyber Security and Linux, are an advantage;
  • Communication skills and pro-active.
Language proficiency Must have: Dutch
Driving skills Must have: Car (B)
Salary info Gross € 2,700 - € 4,300 p/m

A working week of 32 or 36 hours is negotiable
20+7 holidays (saving for sabbatical is possible);
8% holiday pay;
Result-dependent payment of 3%;
Personal performance bonus of 3%;
Collective health insurance, AOV and accident insurance;
Travel allowance 0.19ct per KM or full public transport;
Mobile phone and laptop;
Personal budget of 15.17% (this includes holiday allowance and the 7 holidays). You can use this for e.g. extra pension, purchases extra leave, bicycle, etc.

read more

Company description Our client is a large, national organisation. The organisation has almost 1000 employees, but due to the enormous growth this is becoming more and more so.
The Cisco network team consists of 10+ team members, from junior to senior. The atmosphere is pleasant, open and informal. There are possibilities to work from home and working hours are flexible (in consultation). Public transport is within walking distance (train and bus) and parking is free.

read more

Contact person Ms. Iris Meester
0622037640
Job saved in your favorites!
Job removed from your favorites!

Similar Jobs Cisco Netwerk Engineer in Rotterdam View all similar jobs
  1. ICTerGezocht.nl
  2. IT Jobs
  3. Rotterdam