Vacature Researcher in mechanical-simulation technology
bij SKF in Nieuwegein
Je kunt niet meer op deze vacature solliciteren. Kijk hieronder voor meer soortgelijke vacatures.
Researcher in mechanical-simulation technology
The Modelling & Simulation team works in close co-operation with the international product divisions, the technical development centres, application engineers and ICTerGezocht.nl-customers on calculation models of bearings and bearing applications. The area of expertise include bearing design, bearing installation and application analysis covering aspects as system life, tribology, fatigue, and noise & vibration. The software tools to simulate these applications are based on state of the art in-house developed technology as well as on advanced finite element programs. These tools are used to support the customer in finding bearing solutions and application designs in line with required application performance. You will be involved in the current development as well as in the future evolution of the modelling & simulation software.
The researcher will start as a member of the development team. After a start up period the job will consist of the following activities and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the development, implementation and verification of new technology.
- You are contributing not only to the actual software development but also have a guiding voice in the discussions regarding future advancements in the software.
- As a project manager you will be responsible for customer contacts, financials and reporting.
- You have an University education (preferably PhD) in mechanical engineering, tribology physics or mathematics.
- You have experience in working in projects and have the potential to be a project manager.
- You have an explorative mind set with an innovative scientific approach.
- You have knowledge of modern object-oriented programming (C++) or the willingness to learn this.
- You are a self-motivated, pro-active team member. You are customer-focused and result-oriented.
- You have a strong focus on reaching targets and delivering results.
- You have excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language.
Good labour conditions